Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

I am extremely busy, but I figured I would check in with a quick post.

So my group made our presentation today for Human Resource Management class. And... we got an A! 94%! I'm relieved because I don't feel our presentation went as well as it could have. We were all really nervous about what we had to present (it was a case study about Volkswagen. In the early 1990s, the company had a surplus in production but instead of firing 30,000 workers, they created a new system with a 28.8 hour workweek.) My group has been meeting up at Starbucks the past 2 evenings to work on this presentation and I'm glad it's over with.

For the last two hours I've been focusing on the presentation I'm giving tomorrow for Entrepreneurship. I think it'll take another 2 hours of work before I feel prepared to present my powerpoint and turn in the paper.

But right now I'm meeting some friends at school for our own little Valentine's Day celebration. We're going out for pizza and then up the Eiffel Tower, IF it's not too crowded. I still haven't gone up the tower, and it would be so wonderfully cliche and cheesy to go to the Eiffel tower on Valentine's Day! Some girls were talking about going to a club afterward, but I think I'll have to postpone that until tomorrow night because of my presentation.

Next week is the last week before spring break and I'll be so busy! Midterms to study for, papers to write, paintings to paint! Ooh, and Emily and I have made official plans for our trip to Italy over spring break. The good thing is, I have UCR friends in Rome we can stay with...

No comments: