Thursday, February 28, 2008

Paris Fashion Week

I went to class today and then went to the Tuileries gardens where there were lots of tents set up for fashion week. The people who approached me all thought I was from Russia, Scandinavia, Czech Republic, eastern or central Europe, and someone told me that my English sounded British and not American. I get that a lot, that I don't have "American" features and I don't "act American." I take it as a compliment! I like looking international.
I then went to the famed Colette store because I had read on a website about some art exhibit there with big blocks of chocolate with designers names carved into them, and inside the carvings are a mixture of powdered sugar and cocaine.
The "exhibit" was pretty minimal to say the least. but the store was PACKED with fashion people.


Anyway, I went to Emily's house and we went to go stalk the YSL fashion show at grand palais. Joanne met up with us there. Emily wasn't really into it and left early, but Joanne and I stayed and ended up meeting.... Carine Roitfeld! She's the editor of French Vogue. It was pretty cool actually. Joanne is in love with her, so she was completely starstruck. We saw her come out of the show and at first we just took pictures of her.

Then when she was on the street waiting for her car, Joanne and I were like, "Should we go over there???" I led the way, and we stood next to her for a few minutes while she talked to someone, and then I was like, "Carine?" Joanne told me later that she was totally mortified when I called her Carine instead of Madame Roitfeld. But I was like, "we're such big fans! J'adore Vogue!" And she was really nice and posed for pictures with us. The Chanel show is tomorrow morning... maybe we'll stalk that one too?
Her daughter Julia is on the left here and is a socialite, known as something of a fashion icon. But... I thought she looked horrible in real life! I didn't even recognize her at first because she looked so different from in pictures!


Oh, here is the new bag I purchased earlier this week. I think the weaving is very Bottega Venetta-esque... I'm thinking of removing the gold circle from the flap in the middle though. It seems superfluous. Would it look better without it?

No comments: