Saturday, February 23, 2008

Strangeness...

I think it's a bit weird how I've been to Satine's house 3 times, and babysat her and Jade twice, and I still haven't even met their mother! I've spoken to her on the phone and emailed her, but that's it. Obviously, she knows I'm Julia's babysitter, so she must trust Oriane's judgment (Oriane is Julia's mom), but I still think it's weird how the parents trusted me with their kids before they even met me and the mother already wants to set up a schedule for me to babysit, like, until I leave Paris!

Today I met yet ANOTHER housekeeper/nanny. The third one. At first I assumed it was the girls' mother, so I was like, "I'm happy to finally meet you!" but then she said she worked there every weekend. I met the gardener today as well. I'm wondering, who's next? There is more hired help than members of the actual family...

And I think they also have another babysitter who comes in after me, bcause we were playing cache-cache (hide and go seek) and I saw my name written in a day planner, and it said there was another babysitter later that day. I think the parents work all the time and are sort of absent. Maybe they do something with art, since they seem to be such art fanatics?

Today I briefly met the girls' father, Olivier, but he quickly left the house. He didn't even know I had been there yesterday... I'm not surprised because from my experience, it's always the mother who coordinates everything with the babysitter. I've never met Julia's father. I prefer Oriane as an employer because she pays me at the end of each day. Since I haven't met Satine's mother, I haven't been paid yet for the 2 days I already worked. Maybe I'll meet her tomorrow...

When I was walking home, I found a purse I want! I've been looking around for a nice big leather bag, that's cute and has a long strap and is well-priced. I think I finally found what I've been looking for. I didn't have enough cash on me at the time, and the store probably won't be open tomorrow because it's Sunday, so I can keep looking, just in case I find something better.

Oh, I went with some friends yesterday night to a club called Le Showcase underneath a bridge along the Seine. I initially went with 5 other people, but 2 of the girls werent let in for whatever reason, so most people left to go somewhere else. But since Serena and I already paid for coat check, we decided to stay. It was a very classy, upscale place, and we got there early because it was free before midnight. I didn't bring a camera, but it was decorated nice inside and the bathroom sinks were really awesome-looking and hard to describe. Drinks were outrageously priced, everyone looked really chic, lot of people dressed up. It was a good place to people watch, but that's about it. Not many people were dancing, nobody was mingling, people looked bored. It was a pretentious place where Parisians seemed to go just to show off their outfits and talk to their friends. Definitely not a place to meet people. I'll have to try someplace else.

No comments: