Monday, February 25, 2008

Mostly Uneventful

Today was my Human Resource Management midterm! It wasn't that hard and I'm predicting an A. Most of it was essay format so hopefully being a native English speaker who happens to be good at essays will aid me well in a room full of foreigners. I'm glad it's over. Tomorrow I have to turn in a 15 page paper for Entrepreneurship class on the launch of "the Audi TV channel." I've written 10 pages so far...

So I finally met Satine's mothere, Helene, on Sunday for a few minutes. She's very pretty but she doesn't really look Asian at all. I wonder where her kids get it from... Today, I was an hour late for babysitting because I got lost! I started out from where I always start but I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere because I ended up way out of the way. I finally found a metro and took it to Avenue Breteuil.

We played cache-cache downstairs (it's becoming a tradition), which gave me an opportunity to look around. They have a sauna and a room with a massage table next to the pool-- ooh la la! And a fountain next to the jacuzzi and a bunch of exercise machines that Satine tried to use, but they were all too heavy for her.

On my way home, I stopped into that little store and bought the purse! It was a hard decision to pick which one to get because they came in 2 different styles, a bigger one and a smaller one, and 3 different colors: black, brown, and grey. I decided on the smaller brown one. I'll post pictures soon. It was this TINY little boutique in the 7th arrondisement run by this nice old woman who barely spoke any English. The store clearly gets almost no customers because for one thing, the door to get inside was locked at first and the woman came and opened it. Second of all, she didn't have enough change to break my 50 so she went next door to get some (and left me alone in the srote for a minute...) Third of all, after chatting with her for a bit in my broken French and asking her opinion on which color I should get, she took 10 euros off the price tag so it was only 35.

I made my own crepe sucre canelle today and it was yummy! Now, I need to get back to that paper.

No comments: