Monday, February 11, 2008

My Eiffel Tower Extravaganza

I had hoped this week would be easy and lazy and boring; it is instead shaping up to be one of my busiest weeks yet.
I was woken up today at 8:30 am by the sound of my cell phone. Some woman was calling me about a babysitting job. She wanted me to meet her at 10:30. I had planned to meet Serena at 10 to buy black pants from this store, but we ended up going to the store earlier so I still met with the woman and made it to school by 12.
I've been emailing dad about it. The job sounds like a big commitment, but two months of slaving away on a beach in the South of France sounds a hell of a lot better than slaving away at American Eagle. For me, it feels like a very big decision. Like, I would hate to miss out on a good opportunity... I want to do everything!
Anyway, tomorrow I have class from 9am-3pm, then meeting with the potential babysitting family at 5:30pm. I'm meeting the other girls in my group to work on our project around 6:00ish, but a lot of us will be late. Then at 8:00pm, I'm supposed to meet my friends from UCR, Alex and Kori, underneath the Eiffel Tower and we're going out to dinner. They went to study abroad in Rome, but theyre visiting Paris for a few days. I'm going to be visiting Rome in March.

On Wednesday, I have babysitting from 9:30am to 12:30pm, then class from 1:45-3pm.

On Thursday my group is presenting for Human Resources Management class.

On Friday, I am doing a solo presentation for Entrepreneurship class, and then babysitting at 4:15.

And on Saturday, we actually have class, just this one day because we're missing so many Monday classes because of Spring Break, and afterward I am going shopping with my friend Mathilde. She is Parisian but obsessed with all things LA. We always walk around after class and talk; today, we walked under the Eiffel tower. It was funny because she was asking me what certain American phrases mean. She wanted to know the difference between a soccer mom and a trophy wife ("A trophy wife is a woman who wants her kids to win all the trophies, non?")



Oh I just remembered. Tomorrow in painting class we get to paint a naked person! That will be interesting...

No comments: