Friday, February 29, 2008

Chanel Fashion Show


So this morning, I went to go stalk the Chanel fashion show! At first I went to the place where the guests were being let in. It was total mayhem (police, photographers, press, tons of guests, spectators), and it was actually a very intimidating atmosphere. So many well dressed people who all seemed quite full of themselves. Everyone glaring at one another, checking each other out, loudly wondering who was important and if you belonged.

I was dressed a little bit chic, and since I was by myself, I was texting Serena the whole time to seem busy and less awkward. I wasn't in the line of people with invitations, but I was standing in the general crowd of invitees so I think people thought I was an actual guest. A lot of people gave me free magazines! I got 2 free magazines at the YSl show, but at Chanel I got, like, 8 magazines!
Eventually, I met up with Joanne and we went to the separate entrance to take pictures of the celebrities as they arrived and left. The show itself only takes 15 minutes or so...


That's Rihanna in the purple coat, swarmed with photographers.
I was standing next to Mary-Kate Olsen for the longest time!! I am actually checking websites to see if I ended up next to her in any pictures because I was able to get so close for so long. I think because I'm young, blonde, was dressed well, and carried a gift bag of magazines, a few people thought I was her friend or part of her entourage and allowed me to get close.

I was so focused on Mary-Kate that I turned around and was like, "Oh! Ashley!" I said it so surprised, she and her friend started laughing.


Me: Kanye, I love you!
Kanye West: I love you too!
See, all the photographers were surrounding Claudia Schiffer so when Kanye walked out a second later, NOBODY noticed! A perfect opportunity for me! He was there with his wife, and to be honest, seemed a little bit confused as to why he wasn't surrounded by papparazzi. But he smiled at me and said I love you too!
See, no one around Kanye at all!
Here's Claudia Schiffer! I have about 10 shots of her hair; this is the only one with her face.

That's Irina Lazareanu, a famous model. She posed for photos with all the teenage girls. I have a photo with her, but it's on Joanne's camera, so I'll have to wait for her to email it to me. I was actually taking a picture of Joanne when Anna Wintour walked out, the editor of American Vogue, so I took pictures of her instead. Again, I was surprised I was able to get so close...

Lily Donaldson, a very famous model.

Another model...


Another model. I thought she looked pretty.
This is a picture from wireimages. Thats some french actor I think. I only took his photo because everyone else was. But you can see me, sort of, at his shoulder on the left, with my camera covering my face. I recognized my blue headband, hair, and camera.

I was planning on stalking McQueen tonight, but I'm too tired. I can do more fashion shows tomorrow.

No comments: