Saturday, February 9, 2008

Groceries

So this morning, I set out early to look for food. I had an idea in mind of the grocery store I wanted to go to, Monoprix: it's the only one I've found that has the cheese I like. Their frozen pizza wasn't bad either. However, there was a farmer's market set up on Avenue de President Wilson, close to where I live, so I decided to go there instead. I ended up buying a ton of fruits: apples, oranges, green grapes, strawberries, and a million dark cherries. As I was lugging it home, I kept thinking that I'm going to be living off cherries for the next week.


The weather has been beautiful lately, really sunny and warm, so I wanted to go back outside. I tried to find Monoprix but I couldn't find it, so I ended up getting groceries at Franprix. The route I took to get there was right around the Eiffel tower, along the Seine. The fact that it was Saturday combined with the great weather meant there were loads of tourists everywhere. I was kind of glad that I've been able to experience the Eiffel tower at night when it's deserted, and not just when it's crowded.


As I was going home with my groceries, this guy near the Eiffel Tower approached me and asked if he could draw my picture. He didn't seem particularly sketchy; he was young and he said he was an art student and that I didn't have to pay him. So he sketched me and we chatted but when he gave me the picture, I was mildly horrified. It was SO bad, it looked nothing like me at ALL! I don't even want to post a picture of it. I was kind of insulted that he'd drawn me so badly, and I told him so, but I think that might have hurt his feelings.

No comments: