Monday, February 18, 2008

This is the car I want when I grow up...

On my way to school this morning, I saw this Ratatouille car! Ratatouille is a really big movie in France; I see merchandise for it everywhere. That reminds me; when I was babysitting Julia last week, her mom had bought all these American dvds, so we watched part of High School Musical.

I wish I could update my blog even more, but I haven't been doing very much interesting stuff lately. I walked on the Champs Elysees late at night with Serena the other day. I ate lunch with Rachel. I've finalized my spring break plans!

On Saturday, I went to class and then met up with my group members at a cafe to go over a project for Human Resource Management.

I need to prepare a presentation for French class on Wednesday. I have to speak in French for 5 minutes about anything I want. I decided to talk about macaroons!

On Sunday, I went by myself to a cemetery I had read about. It's on the outskirts of Paris, and the interesting thing about it is that it's a pet cemetery, for cats and dogs. All the graves were really elegant and elaborate, good enough for people.







There is supposedly an animal shelter attached to the cemetery, so there were lots of cats sunning themselves on the graves. To be honest, the whole afternoon was a bit... morbid.

There was one cat who looked a little bit ike Precious who was so friendly. It wasn't scared of me at all. It climbed right onto my lap and I pet it for a while.


So I've booked the tickets and made official Spring Break plans. I'm spending the whole time in Italy. For the first week of March, the morning of the 2nd til the 8th, I'm traveling with Emily to Rome, Venice, and Florence. I think maybe Pisa also, but I can't remember. We kind of wanted to go to Milan too, but I don't think we'll get to. For the second week of March, Emily is flying back to Paris on the morning of the 8th, Serena is flying to Rome the evening of the 7th. From March 8th to the 15th we're staying with my UCR friends who are studying at the UC Center in Rome. We're flying back to Paris the morning of the 15th. AUP classes begin again on the 17th.
I like the fact that I'll be in Rome for over a week. I'd rather spend a week in one city than a week in 7 cities. I just need to learn some Italian phrases. All I know so far is ciaio or "chow."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww Shanna ur soo funny! hahaha and i like that car! its cute! hahahaha wow looks like you are having a blast! <3 Almie!