Sunday, January 27, 2008

"These Gates Were Made For Sneaking Into!"

So on Friday, I woke up too late to do anything except go to class at noon. I bought a crepe in between classes at this little stand I've been going to. I've fallen in love with their cinnamon sugar crepe! Anyway, after class I took the metro across the city to go to this art store to pick up supplies for painting class. It was a little confusing, wandering through the store trying to find all of the exact products my teacher wanted us to get, and the store owners didn't speak very good english, but I ended up getting my supplies, plus some pastels.

Anyway, there was a dance later that night at a club for AUP students. I went to my friend Katie's apartment and ate dinner there and got ready. It turned out to be really fun, since I knew a lot of the people there. We evded up taking a taxi back because the metros had stopped running.

The weather has been excellent lately, compared to all the rain we had before! It's still chilly, but at least the sun is out.

On Saturday, I went shopping with Rachel all day! We scoured the shops looking for sales, which end in about a week. H&M, Zara, Gap, Claires, and a lot of little boutiques. We spent well over an hour in United Colors of Benetton, because Rachel bought a pair of shoes and 2 pairs of pants, and I bought the same pants but in a different color. We got so excited about the pants! Theyre soft and dark gray and very European looking. I also bought new tights from Monoprix and a couple scarves.

We ate lunch as McDonalds, which turned out to be exactly the same as every other McDonalds, except they serve beer! When we got tired we went to the place I found earlier with the carousel and shared a cotton candy!

So today is Sunday and since it was such a nice day, I went to the Tuileries Gardens, by the Louvre. Serena met me there and we took a billion pictures. There were some bronze statues of naked women and we had fun dressing them up in our sunglasses, scarves, purses, jackets, etc. The other people in the gardens were laughing and taking pictures of it too. Then we went to Pigalle and had lunch, but we were tired and it had gotten cold so we went home after a while. And now I'm meeting Emily in an hour for dinner...

No comments: