Saturday, January 19, 2008

I live right where Princess Diana died!

This is going to be a superquick blog post because I have to be at school at 10:00 am tomorrow to go to Versailles! Better remember the camera!

So today was the walking tour of Montmartre. Personally, I didn't think it was too special. We saw the restaurant Amelie worked at in the movie and the weather was good and we went to the Sacre Coeur, which is the oldest church in Paris and one of the biggest. My cell phone rang inside it.

Mostly a lot of hills, and uphill walks. Lame. There was a really good souvenir shop I want to go back to though. I went out to dinner with rachel and Joanne afterward and had delicioud smoked salmon. I was disappointed that I didnt really like the rosay wine, because it was such a stunning color.

And later tonight I went to a few bars with my new friend Emily and some people. Emily is really cool! I have a feeling shes one of those people I'm going to hang out with a lot on this trip. (She lives next to the president of france!) Bar hopping is lame because drinks are outrageously priced. And I'm not a big drinker or anything. I'd rather go to a club and dance but we passed on it tonight because we have to be up early tomorrow.

Ooh, but the main thing is that I live right next to the tunnel where Princess Diana died!!!!!!! There's a memorial to her and tons of people have written stuff in marker on the overpass. It's really cool to me because I pass by it a couple times a day and now I actually know that it's a cool piece of history that I'm so close to. I'm going to write on her memorial one of these days....

No comments: