Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Je suis une au pair, peut-etre...

The reason why I haven't been updating my blog as frequently is because I feel like I've settled into a routine here... everything isn't new and fresh like it was in the beginning.

So on Saturday night, Paris was a bit crazy because of some soccer thing. I don't know... they had just beaten England and they were about to play some other team, so the Champs Elysees was full of police. There were tons of young guys, soccer fans, who kept running into the streets, waving around fire, and shouting and honking. On Monday, I went to St. Michel to go to this bookstore I had heard a lot about, called Shakespeare and Co. It's a store with English books, and it has a really cool, vintage feel to it. I bought a copy of The Picture of Dorian Gray, and discovered an old postcard inside it, written in French, from 1939...

In my painting class, ever since we got back from break, we've only been painting nude models. We painted our first male figure earlier this week, and I had a nice conversation with him about how we were both Brazilian. I had to go buy more paper today because I ran out.

I'm pleased because I feel that I finally secured an au pair job for the summer. It's not official yet, since I'm not moved in, so I shouldn't count my chickens and all that. But I get along with the mother really well (she's young and very Americanized) and I like the accomodations. The only bad thing is that I'd have to share the bathroom and shower. But at least it would feel like my own place at last. And they are going to the south of France over the summer (do ALL Parisians do that or what??) so perhaps I'll get to accompany them!

Here are a few pictures from the Chanel show:




And Angelina's, way back when:


A random night near the Eiffel Tower:



And a few pictures from Italy:
Shanna the Innocent: This was right after Serena and I had been snickering at the old women crying at the pope's grave, and the guard told us to be quiet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, you might be staying over the summer. So cool. I love reading your blogs and it sounds like you are having a wonderful time. The pictures of the desserts are neat. This is Aunt Suzie posting but I am using Eric's account.