Sunday, April 6, 2008

The past week

On Thursday night I went to Duplex with Tessa and ended up running into a bunch of AUP people. It was a lot more fun than last week; the music was better.

On Friday, I went on the chocolate walk, the cultural excursion I signed up for. It was cool because they ended up feeding us so many different types of chocolate. I never want to eat m&ms or Hershey's again after hearing how it's such bad quality, so bitter and sour. They gave us some information on the history of chocolate, like how it used to just be a drink, not a solid, and took us to different chocolate places.

On Saturday I went to school to pick up my ticket for The Taming of the Shrew play, and then made my way to Palais Royal to meet up with the other students to see the performance. Surprise, surprise: It was all in French! I wish I could say I understood everything, but I didn't understand most of it. I kept trying to remember back when I read the play in high school to keep up with what was going on.

On Sunday, I went out for fondue in Montmartre with friends. They served us wine in baby bottles... And for dessert, I had orange ice cream served inside a hollowed out orange.

Today, there was some protest going on, so there were police everywhere. The Olympic torch was passing through Paris today, and since the next Olympics are being held in China, there were a bunch of demonstrators opposing the Chinese oppresssion of Tibet.

In other news, I have bangs now! They're very ooh la la. I'll post pictures later.

No comments: