Thursday, April 3, 2008

Just like in the Mary-Kate and Ashley movie...

Today the weather was finally sunny! Hopefully the rain has ended.

After French class today, I ran into this boy from my class getting on a motorbike/scooter/vespa (I'm not sure what to call it). He said he had just gotten it on Monday, and had an extra helmet, so he ended up giving me a short ride. It was SO fun!!! I want a scooter for myself now! I don't know if this is accurate, but he said that you don't need a French driver's license to ride one; that an American license would suffice, and that you just need to pay for insurance and parking.

Obviously, it would be impractical for me to get one here in Paris, since I won't be here long-term, but it really was fun, especially going fast. I need to make friends with kids who have motorbikes so they can give me rides...!

For the rest of the afternoon, I took special notice of all the motorbikes I saw. It's cool when I see three of four people all riding alongside each other and talking.

No comments: