Saturday, March 29, 2008

Tecktonik, c'est magnifique!

Not much happening here. The weather has been all up and down last week. It goes from sunny to rainy and back and forth every single day. I've been to a lot of different museums this past week. On Saturday I went to the Musee Marmottan, which is my favorite museum I've been to in Paris; the only one that wasn't free for me. At least I got a discount.

I went to the Louvre again twice, and the Musee d'Orsay on Thursday. One day at the Louvre, I met this really old French man who seemed like a grandfatherly type so I went to coffee with him. But then when we left he kept using the word "l'amour" so I figured it was time for me to go. I went to see the Mona Lisa, and it was such a fight! People really elbow each other, and push, and jostle to get to the front.

Thursday night I went to Duplex since it's so close by. Friday, I went to lunch with Nilo and then the Opera Garnier to try to get tickets to the ballet (in the rain...), but it was a private showing since it was the last day of the performance. I'll try a different show next week. Today I went to the Fragonard Perfume Museum and shopping at Les Galeries Lafayette with Serena. I tried a lemon Laduree macaroon and it was yummy.

I've also been taking an alternative route to and from school, where I walk right under the Eiffel tower. I think it's longer, but I was so bored with taking my usual route several times a day, that I decided to switch it up. I also walk past this place at Trocadero which is where all the tourists go to take pictures of the Eiffel tower. Sometimes I see young French "hipsters" practicing their tecktonik, which is a dance trend popular in Europe right now, especially Paris. It seems sort of juvenile since all the people I see doing it look like they're 13 years old. But Serena and I continue to look up instruction videos on YouTube, and practice, laughing all the while because it's a pretty ridiculous-looking dance.

I also discovered 2 new grocery stores right by my house, as well as a shortcut to Serena's place that takes only 10 minutes, so we've been hanging out more. I've been looking for summer au pair jobs lately; I have an interview on Tuesday for a job that's really close by, so that would be good if I got it.

And tonight, we're going to a discotheque on Champs Elysees called Neo. I'd been meaning to go for a while, and I saw that this was the club Lauren and Whitney went to on The Hills, which made me even more eager to go.

No comments: