Saturday, March 22, 2008

3-Day Easter Weekend

So yesterday, I made it to the first two museums, but not the third. I went to the Musee Picasso and sadly was not impressed at all. I kept thinking, I'm so glad I didn't have to pay for this! I walked through everything twice, trying to find a painting I liked, but I couldn't.

Next stop, the Musee de l'Orangerie, located in the Tuileries gardens. While I was in line, I met two boys from Belgium, students on holiday, and ended up perusing the museum with them. I liked the museum, but only the upstairs part, with the huge Monet panels that wrap around the room. And you can take pictures here, which is always appreciated.


This morning I set out for the Musee Marmottan, which has mostly Monet paintings. This was my favorite museum of all and the only one that wasn't free for me. At least I got a reduced rate. Monet is easy to appreciate; it was the only museum where I liked just about every single painting. I know mom would have loved it.




On my way back, I stopped in a patisserie and now have a new favorite macaroon! Pomme canelle (apple cinnamon). I've never seen the flavor anywhere else. I concluded the museum tour with the Musee de Art Moderne de la Ville (or something like that). I didn't stay long, though, because on the way there it started HAILING, practically snowing. It's what I imagine a snow flurry feels like. I had an umbrella, but my feet were soaked by the time I got there.

No comments: