Friday, March 21, 2008

Little things...

So I went to the Louvre for hours first thing in the morning on Wednesday, and now I'm on this whole museum kick. Today after class, I plan on going to the Picasso Museum, Orangerie Museum (Monet), and then the Museum of Modern Art, one right after another. And on Saturday, I want to go to this Marie Antoinette exibit at Les Galeries Nationale.


Going to museums isn't like going shopping, where it's always fun to do it with a friend. I mean, sometimes it's fun to go to museums with a friend, but I prefer just going by myself with my I-pod. I hate it when the person I'm with wants to spend forever looking at something boring, or when I want to look at something cool but someone is rushing me.

At the Louvre, the two most famous works of art are the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo. It was so weird the way the giant crowds were swarming the works of art, frantically taking pictures, pushing, hysterically trying to get a good view. And the art is blocked off and surrounded by security guards. It was SO reminiscent of watching paparazzi stalk a celebrity, surounded by bodyguards. It reminded me of when I went to fashion week to see the celebrities. All the Louvre needs to complete the image is to have the crowds screaming, "Mona, Mona, show us that smile!! Venus, look this way, darling! You're gorgeous!"


Oh, and I'm annoyed because this morning, I asked for a caramel macaroon and they gave me coffee! I didn't realize until I was here at school, eating it. I don't like coffee.

I got Marissa a birthday present from this boutique near Palais Royal...

Also, I just bought these shiny black leggings the other day and I've been wearing them ever since. I love them! I know they'll lose their shine, eventually though. Maybe I should get another pair. The only bad thing is that they don't keep me warm at all, but the weather hasn't been TOO cold.

I went to the Sorbonne the other day to eat lunch and buy a sweater, but I couldn't find the bookstore and I didn't feel like asking anyone. I want to go back, though. There were a lot of young people there, obviously, and it seems like their college has more of a campus, community feeling, totally unlike AUP.


I signed up for my Le Cordon Bleu cooking class this morning! It's in a few weeks, and I'm going to learn how to make lemon pound cake and lime macaroons.

No comments: